Manchester United could be without five players for Wednesday’s FA Cup fifth round tie against West Ham United at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils ended their six-year trophy drought by lifting the Carabao Cup on Sunday and now need to refocus for the Hammers visit.
Ahead of the game, Ten Hag has confirmed that Anthony Martial won’t play any part as he continues to recover from a hip problem.
The Dutch tactician added that Luke Shaw and Fred are doubtful for tomorrow.
He told Manutd.com: “Anthony Martial is not available. Luke Shaw and Fred are questions for tomorrow.”
Aside from the trio, United will be without Donny van de Beek and Christian Eriksen, who are sidelined with long-term injuries.
Man Utd should beat West Ham with rotated line-up
United have been in fantastic form since the restart following the World Cup. They have won the majority of their games with just one defeat.
Ten Hag has shown that he is not receptive to making multiple changes when required and there could be slight rotation for the FA Cup tie.
With Shaw and Fred doubtful, Tyrell Malacia and Marcel Sabitzer should return to the starting XI.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka deserves to start at right-back after his stunning second-half display at Wembley. He won eight duels and seven tackles.
Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire and Jadon Sancho could also be in the fray to make the starting line-up against David Moyes’ side tomorrow.
Regardless of the team on paper, United should be favourites to beat the Hammers. They have won six of the previous seven meetings against them.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd goalkeeper Tom Heaton confirms he is out for a few weeks with an ankle injury
- Man Utd could lose Alejandro Garnacho to international duty in late May
- Bruno Fernandes wins Manchester United’s Player of the Month award for March
- Changes made to Owners’ and Directors’ Test could affect Man United takeover
- Six former Manchester United players shortlisted for induction into Premier League Hall of Fame