Manchester United have picked up a couple of injuries on their pre-season tour of the United States this summer.
Three games into the tour and we have drawn all three – 1-1 versus Club America, 0-0 versus the San Jose Earthquakes and 1-1 in the early hours of this morning against AC Milan.
Speaking after our latest game versus the Italian giants, Jose Mourinho admitted that we added a further player to our injury list.
Nemanja Matic had only joined us late on tour due to his World Cup commitments with Serbia but went off injured against AC Milan. There has been no update on the severity of the injury but with two weeks left until the start of the season it may not be good for the 29-year-old.
The central midfielder joins Antonio Valencia who limped off in the opening eight minutes against San Jose over the weekend with a calf injury. As a result the Ecuadorian could miss our Premier League season opener against Leicester City at Old Trafford on Friday 9 August. Valencia has already flown home.
Our next game as part of our pre-season tour of the United States is against Liverpool at the Michigan Stadium on Saturday.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday