Manchester United are in the transfer market for two central midfielders this summer following the retirement of Michael Carrick and the impending loss of Marouane Fellaini.
We have been linked to several players in this position, with Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic being one of the most talked about over the past couple of months.
The Serbian midfielder is one of the highest-rated in his position in Europe right now and has been earmarked by a number of teams across Europe.
With the Rome club missing out on Champions League football next season due to their loss at home to Internazionale on the final day of the Serie A season, Lazio could be forced to sell the 23-year-old to allow the player to play at the top of the game.
Manchester United have been strong favourites to sign Milinkovic-Savic for a couple of months now. However, the transfer fee has always been an issue. And it seems that Lazio will price themselves out of a sale this summer, as, according to the Daily Mail, the Italian club are demanding a staggering £87.5 million for their star.
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic offers both goals and defensive contribution in his midfield role – and could be seen as an ideal partner to both Nemanja Matic and Paul Pogba in Jose Mourinho’s 4-3-3 system. The Serbian netted an impressive 12 goals in 35 Serie A appearances (33 starts) this past season, as well as contributing three assists.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup