Manchester United are constantly being linked with defenders for possible summer transfer moves and despite having one of the best right-backs in the Premier League, Antonio Valencia’s position is often coming under question from the media.
The club captain will be 33 by the start of next season but hasn’t showed any signs of slowing down and his physical condition and stamina suggest he can still be a regular in the top flight for several more seasons to come.
However, this doesn’t stop other right-backs being linked with a move to Old Trafford. The latest reports coming out of France suggest that we are now interested in AS Monaco’s Djibril Sidibe and that we could agree a deal with last season’s French Ligue 1 champions for a summer transfer.
French outlet Le 10 Sport claim that the 25-year-old is valued around £33.6 million, whilst he reportedly earns £74,000-a-week, so he wouldn’t break the bank.
Sidibe joined Monaco from Lille back in 2016 and is still under contract for another four years at the Stade Louis II, which puts negotiations in the French side’s favour.
The 6’0″ right-back has 15 caps for the French national team and has made 23 league appearances and a further three in the Champions League for Leonardo Jardim’s side this season. He has two goals and six assists from full-back in Ligue 1 this season.
Djibril Sidibe is a better crosser of the ball than Antonio Valencia and is still an excellent defender. He also has a powerful long-range shot on him.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday