Manchester United are interested in signing Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot amid the uncertainty surrounding Paul Pogba’s future.
The super-agent continues to pour petrol on the fire as he looks hell-bent on taking his client away from Old Trafford at all costs.
With Pogba’s future in Manchester hanging by a thread, the Red Devils need to prepare themselves for the possibility of losing the 28-year-old in the summer.
In addition to the World Cup winner, another United player is on Juventus’ radar – Donny van de Beek.
The Dutchman has struggled in the Premier League since arriving from Ajax last summer and could be on his way out of the club.
The Bianconeri are looking to revamp their squad following another Champions League nightmare and a thoroughly underwhelming Serie A campaign.
Rabiot is one of the players who could pay the ultimate price for underperforming for most of the season.
Having arrived at the Allianz Stadium from Paris Saint-Germain in 2019, the 25-year-old has failed to adapt in Italy.
As reported by Tuttosport, United could offer Rabiot an escape route from Turin as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sees the Frenchman as a long-term replacement for Pogba.
However, the midfielder’s move to England is linked to van de Beek, with United looking for a like-for-like swap deal involving the two misfits.
Given the way the two players have performed for their respective sides this season, a change of air would benefit them both.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal