Manchester United have confirmed that they will be playing a winter friendly against La Liga side Cadiz CF as part of their preparation during the World Cup break.
The Red Devils had a gruelling month of October with nine fixtures but they came out with flying colours with six wins, two draws and a solitary loss in the derby.
The club have another four matches to play until mid-November before a number of players embark on World Cup campaigns with their respective countries.
The players that won’t feature at the tournament will continue working at Carrington before going on a week-long training camp in Cadiz in early December.
As part of the trip, United will face Cadiz CF in a friendly on December 7 at the Nuevo Mirandilla stadium. It will be one of two friendlies to be played during the winter break.
The tickets for the game go on sale for Season Ticket Holders today. Other fans will have to wait until tomorrow. The match will be shown on MUTV worldwide apart from Spain.
Winter break comes at the right time for Man Utd
United have recovered after the heavy defeat to Manchester City at the start of the month but the winter World Cup break is probably coming at the right time for them.
A number of key players have been on the sidelines including Anthony Martial and Raphael Varane. Antony was also out injured yesterday and United have yet to provide an update on him.
The hectic schedule this month has obviously taken a toll on the squad and the winter break will provide a much-needed breather for those not featuring at the World Cup or nursing injuries.
United will want to end on a strong note before the enforced break. Hopefully, the interval works to the benefit of some players including Martial, who has had an injury-plagued campaign.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd working on deal to sign Yann Sommer
- Glazers decide to drop semi-annual dividends after £225m summer spending spree
- Manchester United’s World Cup Quarter-Finalists – Predictions & Betting Tips
- How the playing surface at Old Trafford is created
- PSG president open to signing Marcus Rashford on a free transfer
- De Gea: Manchester United yet to open talks over a new contract
- Man Utd target Goncalo Ramos now valued at €80m by Benfica
- Man Utd have advantage over Real Madrid in pursuit of Cody Gakpo
- Man Utd duo should be sold in January after woeful displays against Cadiz
- ‘I will think about it’: Cody Gakpo opens the door for Man Utd transfer in January