Manchester United have confirmed their three-man shortlist for the February Player of the Month.
The Red Devils picked up six wins and two draws last month and there were several memorable results.
United ended their six-year trophy drought by beating Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup final.
Elsewhere, they got the better of Barcelona in the Europa League knockout round play-off.
United played out a 2-2 draw at Camp Nou before registering a stunning 2-1comeback win at home.
Marcus Rashford, Casemiro and Fred had a big role to play in the victory over the Blaugrana and there are no surprises that trio have been picked for the monthly accolade.
Casemiro was suspended for three domestic games last month but he was still influential.
The Brazilian made two stunning blocks against Barcelona in the first half at Old Trafford last week.
Just days later, the ex-Real Madrid man scored the opening goal in the Carabao Cup final at Wembley.
Hence, he definitely deserves the plaudits coming his way. Casemiro will be hoping to win the club’s Player of the Month award for the second straight occasion.
Meanwhile, Fred has been an unsung hero for the Red Devils. The midfielder has stepped up over the past month where he has been ever-present in the starting XI.
The 29-year-old bagged two goals and two assists in February and his most memorable one is undoubtedly the equalising strike against Barcelona at home.
Elsewhere, we are running out of superlatives for Rashford, who has been in extraordinary form since the World Cup. The United graduate now has 25 goals for the season.
This includes seven in February where he also provided three assists. With 10 goal involvements in four weeks, he should be the clear front-runner for the monthly award.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Elliott Investment Management submits offer for Man United minority stake
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books