Manchester United have confirmed that the Premier League game at Brighton & Hove Albion has been postponed following the latter’s progress to the FA Cup quarter-final.
Earlier last month, the Brentford fixture at Old Trafford was moved forward due to United’s Carabao Cup final against Newcastle United. The Premier League have rescheduled the game on April 5.
The league’s governing body now have another headache on their hands as United won’t be facing Brighton at the Amex Stadium before the international break on March 19.
The Seagulls qualified for the FA Cup quarter-final last night after their 1-0 win at Stoke City. They will now be playing their last eight tie in the same weekend they were due to host United.
Meanwhile, the Red Devils could also feature in the quarter-final stage of the famous old competition if they beat West Ham United in tonight’s fifth round tie at Old Trafford.
With only eight teams left after the current round, it won’t come as a surprise if United end up being drawn with Brighton. They could have an FA Cup date on March 18/19.
United’s fixture congestion set to continue
United went all the way to win the Carabao Cup against Newcastle United on Sunday. They are still alive in the FA Cup and Europa League where they should fancy their chances as well.
If the Red Devils continue to make progress in both Cup competitions, the Premier League may probably have to reschedule the Brighton game during the first week of May.
There is currently a vacant midweek on May 2. This could be the most likely date when Brighton host United in the Premier League. An announcement should be due soon.
Meanwhile, there could be one more league game postponed. If United make it to the FA Cup semi-final, a new date will be required for Chelsea’s visit of Old Trafford on April 22.
United have been playing every three days since the turn of the year and this could continue until the end of the season. Hopefully, the hard work will be rewarded with more trophies.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books
- ‘High hopes’: Lionel Scaloni speaks about Alejandro Garnacho’s future with Argentina