Manchester United have confirmed that their final pre-season friendly will be against Rayo Vallecano at Old Trafford on July 31.
The Red Devils will be having an early pre-season from June 27 with new manager Erik ten Hag wanting to implement his own philosophy.
After two weeks of training, United will face arch-rivals Liverpool in their first friendly in Thailand – their first visit to the country since 2013.
Thereafter, they are scheduled to face Melbourne Victory, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa respectively in Australia before returning to Europe.
United will play Atletico Madrid in Norway on July 30, and just a day later, they will host Rayo Vallecano in their final pre-season game.
With the short turnaround, Ten Hag will have the chance to try out the whole squad. The fans will also get the first glimpse of him and the team.
Here is the full pre-season schedule:
12 July: Liverpool
15 July: Melbourne Victory
19 July: Crystal Palace
23 July: Aston Villa
30 July: Atletico Madrid
31 July: Rayo Vallecano
Ten Hag should get a clear idea of the squad during the pre-season campaign. A number of key players will miss the start due to international duty.
However, there are plenty of other stars that will want to make an early mark under his tutelage. Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho should be among those.
Both had a disappointing 2021/22 season with five goals apiece. They will be keen to revive their form while Ten Hag will also want to get the best out of them.
Meanwhile, a number of young graduates have the chance to impress the Dutch tactician and boost their chances of breaking into the first-team next term.
James Garner, Amad Diallo, Dylan Levitt, Shola Shoretire, Hannibal Mejbri and Alejandro Garnacho could be involved. United are already in contract talks with Garnacho.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd confirm long-term deal for Zidane Iqbal, Fernandez and Garnacho assigned new squad numbers
- Man United goalkeeper Nathan Bishop closing in on Wycombe Wanderers loan move
- Manchester United join race for Marco Asensio as Ajax put 80m price tag on Antony
- Man Utd to make transfer offer for Denzel Dumfries
- Frenkie de Jong open to joining Man Utd as they near agreement with Barcelona
- Man Utd may need to spend £130m to land Antony and Lisandro Martinez
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire were involved in captaincy dispute
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Matthijs de Ligt
- Man Utd aim to seal Frenkie de Jong deal before Thursday
- Man Utd’s pre-season starts: Erik ten Hag’s demands, returning players and De Jong latest