Manchester United have confirmed the departures of Noam Emeran and Brandon Williams to Groningen and Ipswich Town respectively.
Emeran scored and assisted in the first friendly against Leeds United this summer, but he played just nine more minutes in pre-season.
It was always anticipated that he would head for the exit door, and the Red Devils have now confirmed his departure to Groningen on a permanent move.
While United have not disclosed the fee, Fabrizio Romano reports that they will receive €1m. There is a significant sell-on clause included in the deal.
Emeran did not make a single appearance for the senior squad, but he has the opportunity to make his mark in the Dutch second tier with Groningen.
If he becomes a huge hit, it could directly benefit the Red Devils financially in future. The club stand to receive a big portion of any future transfer fee.
Meanwhile, Williams has made the switch to the Championship with leaders Ipswich Town, who have made a brilliant start since their promotion from League One.
Williams previously worked under manager Kieran McKenna when the latter was United’s youth coach, and a reunion could bring the best out of the full-back.
The United graduate showed plenty of promise during the early phase of his career, but has struggled for playing time in recent years with the competition for places.
The 22-year-old now has the opportunity to secure an assured starting spot. In our opinion, it may not be long before we see Williams back in the Premier League.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions