Manchester United have confirmed that Amad Diallo has returned to full training with the first-team squad ahead of the Premier League clash against Bournemouth on Saturday.
The Ivory Coast international had an impressive loan stint with Sunderland in the Championship last season where he registered 14 goals and provided four assists in all competitions.
It was predicted that he could break into manager Erik ten Hag’s plans this term, but he unfortunately got injured during the pre-season friendly against Arsenal in the United States.
Diallo was an unused substitute in the subsequent game against Real Madrid, but it was confirmed thereafter that he would miss the first part of the season due to a knee surgery.
The winger was recently back on the grass as part of the rehabilitation and United have now revealed that he is working with the first-team ahead of the Cherries visit of Old Trafford.
Man Utd have Diallo decision to make in January
The former Atalanta graduate had a productive loan spell with the Black Cats and the next step should be to establish himself as a regular with the first-team at the Red Devils.
That is easier said than done, considering the vast competition for places. Antony and Facundo Pellistri started the campaign as the regular candidates on the right wing.
There is now further competition from Marcus Rashford, considering Alejandro Garnacho has cemented his spot on the left wing with three goal contributions in four games.
Diallo, who joined United for an overall package of £37.2 million, may not start anytime soon. In our view, he could get minutes with the development squad before returning to senior action.
There is a good possibility that he could be loaned out at the turn of the year. The Red Devils may prefer sending him out to a Premier League side but Feyenoord could be an option too.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy