Manchester United are confident of landing the signature of Ajax winger Antony this summer, Goal reports.
The Red Devils are expected to bolster multiple positions ahead of next season, and it appears a new wide player is among the priorities.
Antony has now emerged as the prime target for the club, and his representatives are already in England to negotiate personal terms.
Meanwhile, United are also confident of agreeing his transfer from Ajax, having already done business with them for Donny van de Beek.
United are prepared to pay a figure of around €60 million for his services. Out of that, €15m will be owed to Antony’s former club Sao Paulo.
The Red Devils believe they won’t face a stumbling block in convincing Antony after appointing his former Ajax boss Erik ten Hag.
Antony had a terrific 2021/22 campaign with the Eredivisie champions, registering 12 goals and 10 assists from 33 appearances.
The Brazilian solely played from the right wing, and it could be a position United may want to bolster ahead of the next campaign.
Sancho was pursued from Borussia Dortmund last summer to provide a solution on the right flank, but he was more successful from the left.
The England star showed glimpses of his Dortmund form this year, and Ten Hag may stick with him in the same position going forward.
Antony would provide United with much-needed creativity. It appears a no-brainer to sign him, considering he is a specialist right-winger.
Aside from his goal contributions, he has also excelled with his dribbling and hold-up play, and is more than decent with his defensive work.
He could make an instant impact for the Red Devils next term, having already worked under Ten Hag for the past two years at Ajax.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd confirm long-term deal for Zidane Iqbal, Fernandez and Garnacho assigned new squad numbers
- Man United goalkeeper Nathan Bishop closing in on Wycombe Wanderers loan move
- Manchester United join race for Marco Asensio as Ajax put 80m price tag on Antony
- Man Utd to make transfer offer for Denzel Dumfries
- Frenkie de Jong open to joining Man Utd as they near agreement with Barcelona
- Man Utd may need to spend £130m to land Antony and Lisandro Martinez
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire were involved in captaincy dispute
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Matthijs de Ligt
- Man Utd aim to seal Frenkie de Jong deal before Thursday
- Man Utd’s pre-season starts: Erik ten Hag’s demands, returning players and De Jong latest