Manchester United are confident of landing Harry Kane this summer if Tottenham Hotspur fail to qualify for next season’s Champions League, The Sun report.
The England international has been linked with Premier League rivals for a number of seasons and he could finally leave the north London club this year.
United are among his admirers and The Sun claim that the club have made contact with the player’s camp through a third party. They have been encouraged by the response.
The Red Devils believe they can sign the 29-year-old if Spurs miss out on Champions League football.
There is also optimism that Antonio Conte’s side will lower their £100 million price tag, considering Kane’s contract is due to expire at the end of next season.
Kane would bring immediate success at Man Utd
Kane has not been at his vintage best for Spurs this season, but has still contributed 20 goals and four assists from 36 appearances in all competitions.
The England star has been playing for a side with limited creativity from midfield. His scoring tally should only improve with a club of United’s calibre.
Kane will be turning 30 in June but this should not hamper United’s pursuit. Casemiro was signed at the same age and he has proved a superb acquisition.
In our opinion, his arrival would bring immediate success for United. With Kane’s goal threat, the club could be seen as genuine contenders for the title.
It’s a win-win situation. United can finally push for the English crown while Kane has the chance to win a trophy which he has not managed at Spurs so far.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Elliott Investment Management submits offer for Man United minority stake
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books