Manchester United are confident of landing Harry Kane this summer if Tottenham Hotspur fail to qualify for next season’s Champions League, The Sun report.
The England international has been linked with Premier League rivals for a number of seasons and he could finally leave the north London club this year.
United are among his admirers and The Sun claim that the club have made contact with the player’s camp through a third party. They have been encouraged by the response.
The Red Devils believe they can sign the 29-year-old if Spurs miss out on Champions League football.
There is also optimism that Antonio Conte’s side will lower their £100 million price tag, considering Kane’s contract is due to expire at the end of next season.
Kane would bring immediate success at Man Utd
Kane has not been at his vintage best for Spurs this season, but has still contributed 20 goals and four assists from 36 appearances in all competitions.
The England star has been playing for a side with limited creativity from midfield. His scoring tally should only improve with a club of United’s calibre.
Kane will be turning 30 in June but this should not hamper United’s pursuit. Casemiro was signed at the same age and he has proved a superb acquisition.
In our opinion, his arrival would bring immediate success for United. With Kane’s goal threat, the club could be seen as genuine contenders for the title.
It’s a win-win situation. United can finally push for the English crown while Kane has the chance to win a trophy which he has not managed at Spurs so far.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Sir Dave Brailsford and Jean-Claude Blanc meet Manchester United executives at Old Trafford as Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25% acquisition edges closer
- Man Utd showing interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Donyell Malen
- Man Utd confirm Amad Diallo has returned to full training ahead of Bournemouth game
- United boss Erik ten Hag shuts the door on January reinforcement
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns