Manchester United are confident of completing the signing of Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal within the next 24 hours, according to reports.
We have been strongly linked with completing a deal for the Chilean superstar this month and reports over the past day or so suggest it’s only a matter of time.
The latest report from the Mirror is that we have agreed a four-year deal with the Arsenal forward worth £56 million. Yesterday it was reported that we were set to offer Sanchez a £350,000-a-week wage with a £20 million signing-on fee.
Any deal still hinges on Henrikh Mkhitaryan agreeing terms with Arsenal as part of the transfer. Whilst that looked in doubt yesterday, the Mirror now believe the Armenian is edging nearer to an agreement.
The report is citing Chilean newspaper La Cuarta who believe we will land Alexis Sanchez on Thursday, meaning he could make his debut as early as this Saturday’s trip to Burnley.
This would be a huge coup for Jose Mourinho and Manchester United as the 29-year-old is one of the best players in the world. He has scored 60 goals in 122 Premier League appearances for Arsenal, predominately playing on the wings.
He is equally adept at playing on both the left and right-hand sides and one would guess he’ll be playing on the right for us in either a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation.
We have both Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford competing for the left wing spot, whilst Juan Mata has been on the right for the majority of our games this season and the Spaniard is not one of Mourinho’s favourites.
As an additional bonus we’d be getting Henrikh Mkhitaryan off the books. The Armenian has not settled in at all following his £26 million arrival from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2016.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player