Manchester United are one of the Premier League clubs monitoring Chicago Fire striker Jhon Duran, according to French outlet Jeunes Footeux.
The Red Devils currently have Marcus Rashford, Cristiano Ronaldo and Anthony Martial as the main strikers under manager Erik ten Hag.
Among the trio, only Rashford has been a regular starter in the Premier League. Ronaldo has been restricted to starts in the Europa League.
Meanwhile, Martial’s season has spent his time on the sidelines with multiple injuries. The Frenchman has made just four appearances this season.
Martial is expected to make his comeback soon, but Ten Hag may still want a new striker in the squad this winter particularly if Ronaldo seeks a winter exit.
A low-cost replacement could be prioritised and Jeuneus Footeux claim that the Red Devils are carefully monitoring the progress of Chicago Fire’s Duran.
The Major League Soccer outfit are likely to demand at least €11 million to sell him.
Duran can be considered as a long-term prospect
Duran joined Chicago Fire from Envigado in January this year. The 18-year-old has had a good debut season with eight goals and six assists from 30 outings.
However, there is a vast difference between Major League Soccer and the Premier League when it comes to intensity and physicality. The youngster will need to adapt.
Hence, he could be considered as a long-term prospect. With Liverpool and Chelsea also interested, United will need to move fast this winter to secure his services.
Both Reds and Blues have focused on buying future talents. United should have a similar goal with Ten Hag having a good track record of developing emerging stars.
At Ajax, Ten Hag built his reputation on nurturing young talents. The likes of Alejandro Garnacho and Zidane Iqbal stand to benefit in the long run with proper guidance.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow as Joshua Zirkzee wants to stay in Serie A
- Man Utd set to battle it out with Tottenham to land Bayer Leverkusen star Odion Kossounou
- Jeremie Frimpong is the most serious target for Man Utd, impressed by his performances
- Ratcliffe outlines three-year plan to knock Man City and Liverpool off their perch
- Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw set to miss the rest of the season
- Is Ashford’s United Arrival Now Simply A Matter Of Time?
- Wayne Rooney identifies Manchester United’s biggest issue right now
- Manchester United invite Gary Neville to help regenerate Old Trafford and surrounding area
- Manchester United’s FA Cup chances – can Hojlund fire the Red Devils to a trophy this season?
- Jadon Sancho struggles in Dortmund’s Champions League draw against PSV