Manchester United and Chelsea were linked with a move for Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski earlier in the week, as confirmed by Sky Sports.
The Polish striker has been a frequent goalscorer for the runaway Bundesliga leaders in each of his four seasons at the Allianz Arena since joining from rivals Borussia Dortmund.
It is understood that Lewandowski wants a challenge away from Bayern Munich and has his sight is set on the Premier League.
Speculation over the 29-year-old’s future is set to intensify as German newspaper Bild are reporting that the Polish star was involved in a training ground bust up with teammate Mats Hummels.
It is understood the two former-Borussia Dortmund teammates clashed after a disagreement in a training match.
The pair, who played together at Dortmund, nearly came to blows after a disagreement in a training match. Die Bild claim Lewandowski sat down to tie his shoe laces, allowing Corentin Tolisso to score. The two players then had this argument:
Hummels: “Lewy, are you serious? You are tying your shoelaces? Holy shit.”
Lewandowski: “And you’ve lost the ball.”
The report goes on to say that the pair continued their bickering until training ended.
With the money currently floating around the Premier League many of the top stars across the globe are being linked with a move to England. Robert Lewandowski could well be on his way to Old Trafford after hiring super-agent Pini Zahavi. It is believed that the Bayern Munich striker wants to discuss a way out of his contract to get him a transfer to England.
We beat Chelsea to the signing of Romelu Lukaku over the summer and then Manchester City to Alexis Sanchez in January. With the Blues currently sitting outside the Champions League places you have to say we’re the front runner to land the prolific striker right now.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player