Manchester United are one of the clubs interested in signing Steve Biko wonderkid Adama Bojang this summer, according to Sky Sport Germany.
The Red Devils are aiming to bolster the centre-forward department, and they have recently been linked with several high-profile names.
Amidst this, Sky Sport Germany report that United are interested in signing ‘miracle striker’ Bojang, who is considered to have huge potential.
Transfer expert Philipp Hinze said: “There are already some top African strikers, but Bojang should really be written down. He can get really interesting.”
Meanwhile, Sky Sport Germany also interviewed his agent Sacha Empacher. He did not shy away from hyping up the teenager’s talents.
He said: “Adama is the best African player I’ve seen in the last decade. He has the potential to become one of Africa’s great forwards. Along with Drogba, Eto’o, Salah and Osimhen.”
The German outlet believe Bojang is likely to be transferred to Europe in the next 10 to 14 days. He can be signed for a fee of €5 million.
Bojang could be signed alongside a marquee striker
United are actively in the market for a top class striker, and they have been linked with Rasmus Hojlund and Goncalo Ramos in recent weeks.
Ramos would be a quality acquisition after a stunning 27-goal season for Benfica. He has all the attributes to become United’s main man up front.
Aside from the Portuguese, United may want to pursue an emerging striker. Bojang could be a realistic target after Sky Sport Germany’s update.
The 19-year-old is a relatively unknown youngster, but he has impressed for Gambia’s Under-20 side with six goals and one assist in 10 outings.
Bojang has an aerial presence at 191cm, and has been described as a ‘high-speed‘ footballer. He has the ability to comfortably score with either foot.
He could be a good long-term signing for United, but they face competition from Eintracht Frankfurt, Racing Strasbourg and another Bundesliga club.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray