Manchester United are on the hunt for a new striker this summer and it has recently emerged that Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane is the prime target for manager Erik ten Hag.
The Red Devils boss values the experience of the Englishman and believes he would be the perfect candidate to improve the club’s chances of challenging for the Premier League title.
Irrespective of Kane’s pursuit, Ten Hag may also want another upcoming striker in the ranks and in our opinion, Rasmus Hojlund could be an ideal long-term option for the club.
The Dane has made a good impression for Atalanta since the turn of the year with eight goal contributions. The 20-year-old has also netted five goals in just two European qualifiers.
His progress has caught the eye of several clubs including United who have ‘concrete interest‘ and they now have the opportunity to prise him away for €50-60 million this summer.
Hojlund has already been dubbed as the ‘new Erling Haaland‘ and there are some similarities.
Like Haaland, Hojlund is left-footed and possesses a strong aerial and physical presence. He is also good when it comes to winning ground duels and has impressed with his close-range finishing.
Of course, he has yet to find the consistency in finishing his chances in the box, but has the potential to be a leading striker in the next few seasons with the right level of guidance.
In our view, there are not many better than Ten Hag when it comes to nurturing young talents. Hojlund could be the perfect deputy for Kane before replacing him as the main striker.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’