Manchester United are bidding hard to sign Palmeiras wonderkid Estevao Willian, according to Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo (page 3).
The Red Devils are currently scouting some of the best emerging talents in South America. They have recently been linked with a move for LDU Quito midfielder Oscar Zambrano.
It is now reported by Mundo Deportivo that Man United are one of the European clubs, who are bidding hard to purchase Willian from Palmeiras.
However, the 16-year-old has a clear preference to join Barcelona and Palmeiras are expected to respect the transfer decision of their prized asset.
The Spanish side can’t afford to trigger his €60 million release clause, but it is claimed that they could pay a small fee before settling the rest during his transfer.
Willian won’t be allowed to move to Europe until he turns 18 in the summer of 2026.
United need to become an attractive destination again
The Red Devils continue to remain one of the best supported clubs in the world, but their player attraction has dropped amid the lack of regular trophies.
Hence, we are not surprised that Willian is not keen on joining United. The club are currently in transition, but need to start competing for more silverware soon.
There is faith that it could happen under the new management of INEOS. They plan to rebuild the squad with fresh and young signings over experienced stars.
United look likely to miss out on Willian, but there are several other emerging youngsters in South American football which the club could still prise away.
Chelsea are a firm example of a club who have made the most of their scouting network. They have already signed Independiente’s 16-year-old sensation Kendry Paez.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow