Manchester United are attentive over the situation of Sporting Lisbon defender Goncalo Inacio, who has already turned down a move to Newcastle United, O Jogo claim.
The 21-year-old is regarded as one of the best young centre-backs in European football. He was recently impressive against Arsenal in the Europa League round of 16.
It is now reported by O Jogo that Inacio is eyeing a bigger challenge away from Sporting and he has snubbed the opportunity to sign a new long-term deal.
Meanwhile, the youngster has already rejected a move to Newcastle and prefers to join a ‘top European club’. The Red Devils are currently keeping an eye on him.
Inacio would be the perfect deputy for Lisandro Martinez
United currently have just one left-footed central defender in Martinez and manager Erik ten Hag may want to address the situation over the summer.
Luke Shaw has fared well in the left centre-back role when Martinez has been rested, but Ten Hag could ideally prefer another specialist for the position.
In our opinion, Inacio would be the perfect deputy for the Argentine. The 21-year-old has completed a stunning 90 per cent of his passes this term.
He has also averaged an impressive 29 passes in the opposition half per appearance while winning four duels and making over two clearances.
Inacio looked relatively comfortable against Arsenal recently. In our view, the Portuguese has the credentials to play for a club of United’s calibre.
United may have to trigger the €45 million release clause in his contract to sign him this summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Sofascore.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’