Manchester United and Rasmus Hojlund have completely agreed on personal terms over a transfer, according to Gazzetta dello Sport (page 16).
Amidst this, the club are also preparing an official bid for Hojlund. It is reported that there is already a 100 per cent agreement over the contract package for him.
The Dane recently changed to SEG agency on a trial basis, who also represent manager Erik ten Hag.
Meanwhile, Atalanta are aware of the player’s desire to join United, but they are prepared to stay firm on the €70m asking price, and won’t provide any discount.
Man Utd set their sights on Hojlund
United have had fixed targets for this summer’s transfer window. Mount was the priority midfield choice for Ten Hag before the focus was turned to signing Onana.
The Dutchman is now keen on pursuing a deal for Hojlund knowing that United are unlikely to persuade Tottenham Hotspur to sell Harry Kane to them.
Hojlund is still in the early phase of his career with less than 100 career appearances, but his potential could be the driving force behind United’s interest.
Last season, he joined Atalanta from Sturm Graz in late August. He took some time to adapt, but ended the season with 10 goals and four assists to his name.
Those statistics are not overwhelming, but there were plenty of positives over the entire campaign.
Hojlund’s physical and aerial presence was evident to watch. His pace and dribbling ability on the counter-attack was also impressive for Atalanta.
The Dane still needs to improve on his finishing, but that should happen with age and experience.
€70m is definitely a high fee for an unproven striker, and United will be hoping to lower the price over the coming days. Multiple bids could be made for him.
The club have been successful in paying less than the initial price tags for Mount and Onana, and will be aiming to do something similar in Hojlund’s case.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin