Manchester United and Inter Milan have finally reached an agreement over the fee for the transfer of goalkeeper Andre Onana, Gianluca Di Marzio reports.
The Red Devils have been locked in negotiations with the Nerazzurri for a number of weeks, and they have now signed the transfer documents for the goalkeeper.
Inter were initially eyeing €60 million for the 27-year-old, but United have eventually agreed on a package of €55m including add-ons to land the former Ajax star.
With the paperwork signed, Di Marzio claims that Onana will be a new United player by Tuesday. It is only a matter of time before an official announcement is made.
Onana could sign for Man Utd before US trip
Onana is most likely to report to Manchester for his medical this morning. United will be aiming to complete the necessary formalities before the end of the day.
The Red Devils travel for their pre-season tour of the United States tomorrow after the Lyon friendly. Onana could be on the plane. The club have already applied for his visa.
Onana should prove a fantastic signing for United as he is perfectly suited to Erik ten Hag’s playing style.
The Cameroonian worked under the Dutch tactician for four-and-a-half seasons at Ajax, and he may not require much time to adapt to the demands of the manager.
However, he still needs to build cohesion with the preferred back four of Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Raphael Varane, Lisandro Martinez and Luke Shaw before the new season.
This should take a few games at least. The pre-season tour of the United States should provide Onana with an ideal platform to develop chemistry with the defence.
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return