Manchester United and Bayern Munich are in pole position to sign Eintracht Frankfurt forward Randal Kolo Muani this summer, according to RMC Sport.
The Frenchman has had a tremendous campaign for the Bundesliga outfit, scoring 21 goals and providing 15 assists from 41 appearances in all competitions.
His form has caught the eye of elite European clubs and RMC Sport claim that United and Bayern are currently leading the race to sign the 24-year-old.
The French outlet add that United manager Erik ten Hag appreciates the striker immensely and would like to bring him to Old Trafford ahead of next season.
Frankfurt are presently firm on their €100 million valuation for the World Cup finalist.
Muani would be an ideal striker for Ten Hag
Muani signed for Frankfurt on a free transfer last summer following the expiry of his Nantes contract.
He started off with a flurry of assists for the German outfit and was described as an ‘assist king‘ by Bundesliga’s official website before the World Cup break.
Since the restart, the Frenchman has found his scoring boots. He has now registered 36 goal involvements this season – 25 of those coming in the league.
There are no surprises that Ten Hag is eager to sign him. Muani is a very mobile striker and likes to drop into deeper attacking positions to link up with his teammates.
He has also excelled with his high pressing and hold-up play in the final third. This campaign, he has won a stunning 6.8 ground and aerial duels per Bundesliga game.
Muani would be a huge upgrade on Anthony Martial ahead of next season. United should easily afford the asking price but may need to move fast with Bayern also keen.
The Glazers must make a final decision over the takeover process. Further delay in the ongoing saga could hamper United’s chances of landing Muani this summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Sofascore.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’