Manchester United are among clubs queuing up to sign Brondby playmaker Nicolai Vallys, according to Danish outlet Ekstra Bladet (today’s edition).
The Red Devils were recently keeping tabs on the 27-year-old in action against FC Nordsjaelland. He scored the winning goal after the hour mark.
Ekstra Bladet now report that Brondby were looking for €10 million to part ways with Vallys in the summer, but there were no concrete proposals.
The source believe that Brondby sporting director Carsten Jensen needs to adjust the price tag and should not expect more than €6-7m for Vallys.
Vallys is already 27 years old and it is reported that no club would be willing to pay more than that, considering his age and the league he is playing in.
Aside from United, Aston Villa, Wolfsburg, Real Betis and Marseille are also vying for his signature.
Man Utd could make surprise move for Vallys
Vallys has the ability to play on the right wing, left wing or from the attacking midfield role.
This season, the Dane has vastly operated from the number 10 position, but he has been most successful in his career from the left side of the attack.
United have both positions covered at the moment. Marcus Rashford is an undisputed starter on the left wing with Alejandro Garnacho as his back-up.
Bruno Fernandes is also guaranteed starter from the playmaker role. Mason Mount, Christian Eriksen and Scott McTominay can all fill the void for him.
Hence, it is surprising that United are looking at Vallys but a move could be on the cards this winter if he continues to impress with his performances.
With the relatively low fee mentioned, the Red Devils could grab the opportunity to sign him to provide more depth and quality off the substitutes’ bench.
Vallys has been in the form of his life this season with seven goals and two assists from just 14 appearances across all competitions for Brondby.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action