Manchester United have agreed a fee with Flamengo for the permanent sale of Andreas Pereira, Brazilian outlet UOL reports.
The versatile midfielder joined the Brazilian outfit on loan last summer with the option to buy for around €20 million.
It is now reported that Flamengo have negotiated a lower fee of €14m for the permanent transfer of the 26-year-old.
The remaining difference will be adjusted in the form of performance-based add-ons. Pereira will sign a contract until 2026.
Pereira has established himself as a key player for Flamengo, registering five goals and one assist from 24 games.
His blunder did contribute to Flamengo’s Copa Libertadores final defeat, but that has not hampered his relations with the club.
The move works well for both teams. The Brazilian gets the chance to establish himself at Flamengo on a long-term basis.
His ambition remains to make the Brazil squad, and he could boost his prospects with consistent displays in Serie A.
Meanwhile, United have got the opportunity to recoup valuable funds for the purchase of a new defensive midfielder this summer.
They may not have received the transfer fee initially agreed but should profit from Pereira’s long-term stay at Flamengo.
The remaining €6m will be compensated based on the future achievements of Pereira as well as that of Flamengo as a whole.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Man Utd agree fee with Barcelona for Frenkie de Jong
- Erik ten Hag could hand first-team chance to James Garner
- 3 possible Frenkie de Jong alternatives Man Utd should pursue
- Man Utd have strongest interest in signing Frenkie de Jong
- Man Utd identify two goalkeepers to replace Dean Henderson
- Man Utd make initial contact for RB Leipzig star Nordi Mukiele
- Man Utd to face Atletico Madrid in fifth pre-season friendly
- Man Utd could make official bid for Christopher Nkunku next week
- Man Utd best placed to sign Pau Torres
- Man Utd target Tyrell Malacia impresses against Roma in UECL final