Manchester United have reached an agreement with Fulham over the transfer of Andreas Pereira, The Athletic reports.
The 26-year-old has not featured for the Red Devils since the 2019/2020 season and recently spent time on loan at Flamengo.
The Brazilian outfit had the chance to sign Pereira permanently for £9 million, but decided against the option due to financial concerns.
Fulham have now agreed to sign him for a package of around £10m. The west London side will pay £8m up front for the midfielder.
Pereira has also been convinced over the transfer with Fabrizio Romano confirming that an initial three-year deal has been accepted.
Pereira had promising loan spells at Valencia and Granada, and this saw him become a United regular during the 2019/2020 season.
He was handed multiple opportunities from the number 10 position, but could not impress with his lack of creativity in the final third.
United eventually decided to sign Bruno Fernandes to fill the void, and the Portuguese has proved to be a sensational signing for them.
The 27-year-old has made the position his own with 88 goal contributions from 125 outings. He has won the Player of the Year award twice.
Meanwhile, Pereira had a productive stint with Flamengo where he was a central midfielder. He bagged eight goals and three assists from 52 games.
He will be assured a regular starting spot with the switch to Craven Cottage and could be part of a new-look midfield alongside Joao Palhinha.
Palhinha, who has been linked with the Red Devils in the past, recently became the Cottagers’ first signing of the summer transfer window.
Pereira has a different challenge in his career with Fulham having been relegated in their previous two campaigns in the English top-flight.
If he turns out to be successful with them, United stand to benefit in the process. They will receive 20 per cent of the sell-on fee.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Omonia Nicosia 2-3 Manchester United: Three talking points as Marcus Rashford continues his stellar form
- Erik ten Hag reveals his plans for Anthony Martial after injury comeback
- Three Man Utd stars with a big point to prove against Omonia
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Omonia, Ronaldo and Martial start
- Manchester United’s Five Greatest European Performances
- Man Utd include Iqbal and Garnacho in 22-man squad for Omonia clash
- Four Man Utd stars miss training ahead of Omonia Nicosia clash
- Man Utd should sign Goncalo Ramos as Cristiano Ronaldo’s replacement in January
- Europa League Preview: Omonia Nicosia vs Manchester United
- Saudi PIF were offered 30% stake in Man Utd before Newcastle takeover – The Athletic