The winter transfer window is now closed but Manchester United are already preparing for the start of next season it would appear.
That’s because a report in the Mirror today claims that we are in advanced talks over a deal for Ajax forward Justin Kluivert.
The 18-year-old is the son of former-Ajax, AC Milan and Barcelona striker Patrick Kluivert and has been part of the first team setup for a season-and-a-half now.
Justin Kluivert has already made 31 appearances in the Dutch Eredivisie (21 starts), scoring seven goals from out wide. He has also appeared in the Europa League six times (2 starts).
According to the Mirror the deal is set to be worth £10 million up front plus various add-ons. Apparently Jose Mourinho spoke to the teenager after last May’s Europa League final victory over Ajax.
The report goes on to say that Mourinho told Kluivert that he wants to sign him one day.
Kluivert predominantly plays down the left wing which would make this deal a strange one given that we have just landed Alexis Sanchez and have youngsters Anthony Martial (22) and Marcus Rashford (20) already developing in that role too.
There’s no doubting that the teenager has a big career ahead of him and that he will end up in one of Europe’s biggest leagues and one day soon. He offers pace and is a good dribbler from out wide who chips in with both goals and assists. Whether he will end up at Old Trafford in the summer remains to be seen however.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday