Manchester United have confirmed that they have added six academy graduates to their B List squad for the Europa League group stage campaign.
The Red Devils announced their A List for the competition earlier this week. Phil Jones and Brandon Williams were surprisingly excluded due to their recovery timescales.
Anthony Elanga was also not part of the 25-man squad, but he is eligible to play for the club as he qualifies for the B List which can be changed before every matchday.
The Red Devils have now confirmed that Radek Vitek, Tyler Fredricson, Zidane Iqbal, Kobbie Mainoo, Shola Shoretire and Charlie McNeill have been added to that squad.
Erik ten Hag could try out youngsters in the group stage
Ten Hag is known for grooming youngsters from his time at Ajax, but has yet to work with a similar philosophy at United. The Europa League could offer him the chance to do so.
It may not happen in the opener against Real Sociedad tonight, but the Dutch tactician could be tempted to test the youngsters if the club can make a strong start in the group.
Alejandro Garnacho is obviously one of those who has excited United fans the most, but Zidane Iqbal is not far behind after a hugely impressive pre-season in Australia and Thailand.
Shola Shoretire is another player waiting on the wings for his opportunities. He made his debut as a 17-year-old in February last year, but has yet to become a regular in the first-team.
Charlie McNeil also comes with a big reputation from his youth days at Manchester City before joining United in 2020. He was deemed to have scored a staggering 600 goals for them.
Being named in the B-List squad does not guarantee selection for tonight’s game at Old Trafford, but one of those youngsters will be hoping to make the team sheet alongside Elanga.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag reveals his plans for Anthony Martial after injury comeback
- Three Man Utd stars with a big point to prove against Omonia
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Omonia, Ronaldo and Martial start
- Manchester United’s Five Greatest European Performances
- Man Utd include Iqbal and Garnacho in 22-man squad for Omonia clash
- Four Man Utd stars miss training ahead of Omonia Nicosia clash
- Man Utd should sign Goncalo Ramos as Cristiano Ronaldo’s replacement in January
- Europa League Preview: Omonia Nicosia vs Manchester United
- Saudi PIF were offered 30% stake in Man Utd before Newcastle takeover – The Athletic
- Omonia Nicosia vs Manchester United: Europa League preview, team news & predicted starting XI