Manchester United have accepted Fulham’s transfer offer for midfielder Andreas Pereira, according to UOL Esporte.
Pereira was deemed surplus to requirements last summer and was subsequently loaned out to Flamengo (until June 30) with a €20 million (£17m) buy option.
The Brazilian outfit managed to lower the figure to €10m (£8.5m) during a fresh round of negotiations this year, but recently backed out of a deal.
With their tight financial situation, they are currently willing to pay €5m (£4.3m) for 50 per cent of Pereira’s rights which does not suit United.
Amidst this, Fulham have now reached an agreement with United to sign the 26-year-old. They are prepared to pay €10m (£8.6m) plus €3m (£2.6m) in add-ons.
It remains to be seen whether Pereira can be persuaded to join them, considering Lyon are also mentioned as potential admirers, as per Goal.
The French outfit could enter the race for his services this summer if they manage to sanction the sale of Lucas Paqueta for the right price.
Pereira had a productive loan spell with Valencia a few years ago. This saw him become a mainstay for the Red Devils during the first half of the 2019/2020 season.
He was considered as a potential number 10 for United, but hardly made an impact. Bruno Fernandes has since made the position his own with no competition.
A move to Craven Cottage could see Pereira establish himself in the Premier League. Manager Marco Silva is prepared to assure him a regular starting role from the off.
However, Pereira could be tempted to assess his options. If Lyon were to move for him later on, he may choose them over the Cottagers, who have become a see-saw club.
They have been relegated from the Premier League at the first attempt in the last two top-flight campaigns, and Pereira could be wary of suffering a similar fate with them.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season