Manchester United have been urged to go shopping at Crystal Palace, with Marc Guehi touted as a perfect fit for Erik ten Hag’s backline.
The Red Devils cannot seem to catch a break on the injury front, with primary pair Lisandro Martinez and Raphael Varane confined to the treatment room.
Both players have proven to be injury-prone in recent months, forcing Ten Hag to field back-up options including Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire and Jonny Evans.
Man United’s defensive injury crisis has sparked the need for reinforcements when the January transfer window rolls around, and the Red Devils have been told who they should go all-out for.
“From a Manchester United perspective, I would probably rather sign Marc Guehi,” the club’s former defender Paul Parker said (via Spilxperten).
“He is a really good stopper, and I would choose him over Joachim Andersen because he is four years younger.”
“He is only 23 years old, and he plays in the English national team. If Manchester United buy Guehi, he would be the best stopper at the club.
“Lisandro Martinez is terrific, but Guehi is more elegant on the ball, and the two would make a really good stopping pair.”
“Guehi is such a smart player, and he would be a great addition to the squad. I would definitely advise Manchester United to go out and do some shopping at Crystal Palace.”
Guehi has been a stellar addition to Palace since joining the Eagles from Chelsea in 2021, racking up five goals and an assist in 91 appearances for the club.
The former Swansea City loanee has also made six appearances for England. His durability will come as a boost to Man United, considering he hasn’t been injured since his days in Wales.
Man United also have a couple of other players on their extensive shortlist, with Portuguese gems Goncalo Ignacio and Antonio Silva touted as potential targets.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray