Manchester United starlet Omari Forson could leave as a free agent this summer after turning down the club’s latest contract offer.
Manchester Evening News report that talks are ongoing between the two parties, but it is becoming increasingly likely that Forson could leave this year.
The 19-year-old is in the final six months of his current deal. He is free to negotiate a pre-contract agreement with overseas clubs.
The forward is generating interest from several Premier League and Championship clubs.
Forson recently made his United debut when he came off the bench against Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup.
Omari Forson wants assurances over playing time
Forson has been in fine form this campaign. The young forward has bagged seven goals and registered two assists in eight appearances for the U21 side.
He has trained regularly with the Man United first team under Erik ten Hag. He was also a part of United’s 2023 pre-season tour.
Considering the other options at the Dutchman’s disposal, it is difficult for the youngster to nail down a spot in the starting XI.
Alejandro Garnacho, Marcus Rashford and Antony are fighting a battle to grab the two wing spots.
Amad Diallo’s return from injury will increase the competition further.
Facundo Pellistri is another alternative for Ten Hag. However, the Uruguay international looks poised to join Granada on loan for the rest of the season.
Forson has to prove his quality in training sessions and keep knocking on Ten Hag’s door.
Man United would love to keep hold of Forson. The Premier League club believe that the starlet is highly talented and could turn out to be a valuable asset in the future.
Forson could feature against Newport County in the FA Cup fourth round on Sunday afternoon.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow