Manchester United midfielder Hannibal Mejbri’s loan move ‘is on hold at the moment’ due to the club’s injury concerns and the recent departure of Donny van de Beek, as reported by Daily Mail.
Hannibal has generated loan interest from Sevilla, Olympique Lyon and Freiburg.
He is ready to ditch Africa Cup of Nations participation to concentrate on his club career.
The 20-year-old has featured nine times in all competitions this season and has scored one goal.
His current deal with Man United will expire at the end of the season.
Man United should let Hannibal leave on loan
Hannibal spent the last campaign on loan at Birmingham City.
He did not waste the opportunity to shine, and Ten Hag opted to keep him as part of the senior squad.
However, he has played merely 327 minutes of football this term. Most of his appearances have come from the bench.
Hannibal has shown that he is a hardworking young player. Ten Hag wants his players to work very hard off the ball, and this is a quality possessed by the starlet.
There are plenty of aspects of the game that he must improve if he wants to play consistently at Old Trafford.
His technique is outstanding, but he needs to improve his vision with the ball.
A central midfielder at United must be creative. Only by playing regularly can Hannibal develop an eye for the pass.
Van de Beek’s loan departure might make United cautious, but they have a big pool of midfielders to pick from.
Bruno Fernandes, Scott McTominay, Christan Eriksen and Kobbie Mainoo are ahead of Hannibal in the pecking order.
Casemiro and Mason Mount are also scheduled to return from their injuries this month.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow