Manchester United are set to reward Erik ten Hag with a bumper £12 million pay rise, reports the Sun.
The Dutch manager will get a £3m-a-year pay hike, and the uncertainty surrounding the club’s ownership will not affect the contract.
Ten Hag joined Man United from Ajax last April and is ready to sign the five-year extension.
The 53-year-old signed a three-year deal at the time, with an option of another 12 months.
Having had to part with hefty pay-offs for recent managers, Man United were forced to hand Ten Hag a short-term contract.
He has since impressed and performed beyond expectations in his first full season in charge.
The Red Devils won their first trophy since 2017 in February, clinching the Carabao Cup at the expense of Newcastle United.
Man United are third in the Premier League after 26 games and are expected to finish in the top four.
They are in the semi-final of the FA Cup and have advanced to the quarter-finals of the Europa League.
Many people expect them to launch a strong title challenge next term, and Ten Hag deserves an improved contract.
He will hope to recruit more quality players this summer to bolster his squad.
The Glazers could be out of the club by then, but he may have signed the deal before then.
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad Al Thani and Thomas Zilliacus are all keen on completing a full takeover.
As a result, there are fears at the club that new ownership could jeopardise the next phase of his rebuild.
Ten Hag wants new signings recruited before the pre-season tour of the United States in July, and it remains to be seen if he will get his wishes.
Chelsea underwent major changes when new owners arrived, and one of the trio could have similar plans for Man United.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’