Manchester United attacking midfielder Alejandro Garnacho is in line for a new deal, reports The Sun.
The contract will see the Argentine earn £50,000 per week, ten times his current salary.
There is growing confidence at the Old Trafford club that Garnacho will put pen to paper soon.
Both parties are trying to sort out image rights issues.
As per the Sun, discussions over an extension for the teenage sensation started last December.
His current deal ends in 2024, but Man United have an option to extend it by 12 months.
As expected, Garnacho will have caught the attention of other clubs.
They will be monitoring his contract situation with keen interest in a bid to swoop once an opportunity presents itself.
However, it appears they will be disappointed, with the 18-year-old likely to extend his deal before next season.
An official announcement could be made anytime, as plenty of progress has been made.
Garnacho has been one of the best young players in the Premier League this term.
He has scored five goals and assisted another four in 29 games across all competitions.
The winger is not in manager Erik ten Hag’s starting XI, but he could soon force his way into the Dutchman’s plans.
Garnacho is already ahead of Anthony Elanga in the pecking order, which has left the Swede frustrated.
He made his full debut for the Red Devils last October and has grown in leaps and bounds after joining them from Atletico Madrid’s academy in 2020.
Garnacho signed his first professional contract with Man United in July 2021 and is very close to extending his stay.
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m