Manchester United bidder Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad al-Thani has registered his company Nine Two Foundation in the United Kingdom today.
Details of the company have been lodged at Companies House, and the Daily Mail journalist Mike Keegan has reacted to it.
He claims Nine Two UK listing on Companies House is not an indicator of a decision on the Man United ownership.
Keegan insists it is a standard documentation process, which is part of what each bidder should have in place before a preferred offer is chosen.
While he could be right, the fact that the listing took place today does not look like a coincidence.
Reuters have also provided an update on the takeover, reporting that Man United are negotiating exclusivity with Sheikh Jassim.
The Qatar Islamic Bank chairman is in battle with Sir Jim Ratcliffe to buy the Old Trafford club.
His offer is currently viewed by the Glazers more favourably than the British billionaire’s.
The club would not be allowed to negotiate with any bidder other than Sheikh Jassim for the exclusivity period.
However, a new bid from Ratcliffe could prevent Sheikh Jassim from securing exclusivity.
It remains to be seen if the OGC Nice owner has plans to do so having been in running for the Red Devils since last year.
Getting his company listed in the UK and then securing exclusivity would be huge for the Qatari.
Former Man United star Rio Ferdinand claimed earlier today that the takeover is imminent, with Sheikh Jassim’s bid set to be accepted.
The stars could finally be aligning for the Qataris, and fans will be hoping the takeover goes through in the coming days.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action