Manchester United are set to land a significant coup by poaching Omar Berrada from Manchester City as their new Chief Executive Officer.
The Athletic report that Man United’s search for a new CEO has led them to a move for Berrada, one of the key men behind the recent on and off-field success enjoyed by Man City.
A City statement confirmed the departure of their chief football operations officer.
“Manchester City Football Club can confirm that Omar Berrada has resigned from his role as chief football operations officer at City Football Group,” the statement read.
“The club understands his decision to look for a new challenge and he leaves with our thanks and best wishes.”
Man United’s previous chief executive Richard Arnold stood down from his role ahead of INEOS agreeing to buy a 25 percent stake in the club.
A massive win for Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Ineos
Berrada has worked closely with Manchester City’s director of football, Txiki Begiristain.
He has played a major role in the recent rise of Man City, including the deal to sign star striker Erling Braut Haaland.
Before his stint with the Blues, he spent nearly eight years at Barcelona, primarily as head of sponsorship.
Man United fans will be delighted with the imminent arrival of Berrada.
It is a remarkable swoop for Ratcliffe, who is still waiting for the authorities to ratify his minority takeover.
The former Man City chief will work in both football and business sectors at Old Trafford. He will attempt to strike a balance between both sides as he did with City.
Considering his proven track record in the sport, United will aim to bridge the gap between them and their cross-city rivals.
This huge step forward also shows that INEOS are trying to work with a clear vision.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow