Manchester United are locked in a three-way battle to sign Crystal Palace star Michael Olise.
According to ESPN, Premier League giants Liverpool and Chelsea are also vying for the 22-year-old winger.
The Red Devils could win the tussle as they are willing to include Aaron Wan-Bissaka as a makeweight.
However, United’s interest in Olise is ‘not universally supported within Old Trafford.’
A few people fear that stepping up from Palace to United is too big for the France U21 international.
Michael Olise will add quality depth to the Man United attack
Olise has scored five goals and grabbed one assist in nine Premier League games this season.
He is rated highly in England, with Chelsea interested in signing him last summer. However, he signed a four-year contract extension with the Eagles in August.
Man United have triggered a 12-month extension in Wan-Bissaka’s contract, which keeps him at Old Trafford until 2025.
The extension gives them the time to cash in on the right-back, who has made 176 appearances for the club.
The 26-year-old has been a fine servant since he arrived from Palace in 2019.
However, Erik ten Hag wants a full-back who can be more adventurous and support in attack.
He is a magnificent defender but still struggles to hold down a regular first-team slot under the Dutchman due to his limited abilities going forward.
If United use Wan-Bissaka as a makeweight to sign Olise, they would be forced to sign another right-back.
Jeremie Frimpong could head to Old Trafford after being linked heavily with the Red Devils over the last few months.
The Red Devils may have to pay a hefty amount to sign Olise even after offering Wan-Bissaka.
Liverpool and Chelsea would love to have the €50 million-rated winger in their ranks, but Palace inflate the fee due to the level of interest.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow