Manchester United have been handed a huge injury boost with Rasmus Hojlund and Antony back in training at Carrington ahead of their must-win Champions League clash with Galatasaray.
Both players are back in training and were spotted taking part in a group session, as confirmed by the club on their official website.
Hojlund’s return is a massive boost for Man United
Anthony Martial led the line in Hojlund’s absence against Everton. He won a penalty and also scored a goal to cap off a decent performance.
His confidence will be high, but having Hojlund back will be pivotal for the Red Devils.
The Denmark striker has bagged five goals in four group games and is leading the goalscoring charts in the Champions League.
He scored twice against Galatasaray in the reverse fixture at Old Trafford.
With Marcus Rashford suspended from the upcoming encounter, Hojlund will be United’s main attacking threat.
His breakneck pace and strength will be leveraged against Galatasaray, who will have the support of their vocal home fans.
Antony has also returned, but the Brazil international has been very poor, failing to provide any assists or score a goal in 12 appearances this season.
On that basis, Facundo Pellistri must be given an opportunity to start on the right wing ahead of Antony.
The Uruguay international works hard and has been patiently waiting for his chances.
He smartly assisted Darwin Nunez in a recent international fixture and produced a bright 20-minute cameo against Everton.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow