Manchester United goalkeeper Radek Vitek has penned a new deal with the club, keeping him tied to the Old Trafford giants until June 2027.
The Red Devils also confirmed on their official website that Vitek would spend the rest of the 2023/24 campaign with League Two club Accrington Stanley.
He joined United from Czech club Sigma Olomouc in 2020. He won the FA Youth Cup in 2022 alongside current first-team starlets Kobbie Mainoo and Alejandro Garnacho.
The 20-year-old has been a familiar face in United’s first-team training. Erik ten Hag also included him on the bench three times this season.
Sergio Reguilon returned to parent club Tottenham Hotspur earlier in January.
A loan move to Accrington will help Vitek get regular game time.
His new long-term deal shows that the club rate him highly. He played for United against Wrexham in the pre-season tour to the United States.
The starlet faces stiff competition from Andre Onana, Altay Bayindir and Tom Heaton.
Ten Hag has continued to back Onana even though the Cameroon international has made blunders between the sticks.
Bayinder is in line to make his United debut in the next game due to the former Inter Milan ace’s involvement in the Africa Cup of Nations.
Vitek has huge potential, and Ten Hag will be hoping that the youngster goes from strength to strength at his new club.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow