Manchester United can still sign RB Salzburg striker Benjamin Sesko in the summer, reports the Times.
The 19-year-old has agreed to a £20 million move to RB Leipzig ahead of the summer transfer window.
However, the Times claim the Red Devils could try to persuade the two clubs to cancel the agreement by paying a higher fee.
Man United want a top-class striker ahead of next term to sustain their momentum under Erik ten Hag.
They have improved immensely under the Dutch manager, and a quality number 9 can help them challenge strongly for the Premier League.
Man United still want Tottenham Hotspur hitman and long-term target Harry Kane.
However, they may need to part with £100m up front to sign the England international.
Napoli star Victor Osimhen is also on their shortlist, but the 24-year-old Nigerian international could cost them an arm and a leg.
His mind-blowing performances in Italy this term have seen his value skyrocket.
The Red Devils will not hesitate to splash the cash, especially if a new owner takes over soon.
Nevertheless, a deal for Sesko could be more beneficial.
They may not need to pay more than £40m to convince the Red Bull clubs to cancel his contract.
At 19, Sesko has a lot of development ahead of him, but he has already shown his huge potential.
The Slovenia international could be Man United’s answer to Manchester City’s Erling Braut Haaland.
He has bagged 45 goals in 114 senior appearances for FC Liefering and Salzburg and could become more prolific in a better team.
Sesko also stands at 6 ft 5 inches and marries a strong aerial threat with excellent goalscoring capabilities.
Under Erik ten Hag, he could be expected to turn in a genuine world-class talent.
Man United will have to make a move and hope both Salzburg and Leipzig agree to their proposal.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’