Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has taken a clear swipe at Jadon Sancho after his temporary loan transfer to Borussia Dortmund.
The 23-year-old rejoined the Bundesliga giants on loan for the remainder of the 2023/24 campaign earlier this week.
Ten Hag banished Sancho from the first-team squad after the forward’s social media outburst against him.
The Dutchman was quizzed on what went wrong with Sancho at Old Trafford.
He replied (via SkySports): “He’s now at Dortmund. So, after he was signed, one year before [Ten Hag’s appointment], there were issues.
“We have had issues all the way through. So, you can make out his stay here at Manchester United so far is not a success.
“Now he’s going back to Borussia Dortmund, so I wish him the best of luck. I hope, we hope, he’s doing very well there, he will be successful and then we will see what is going to happen.”
Ten Hag or Sancho – only one will be at United next season
The United boss has fired shots at the England international by calling his stay at Old Trafford unsuccessful.
Sancho has remained adamant he is unwilling to apologise publicly to Ten Hag.
Even if the forward lights up the Bundesliga again, it is difficult to see him returning to the Theatre of Dreams if Ten Hag is still in charge.
Sancho has failed to live up to expectations at United following his €85 million move from Dortmund in 2021.
He bagged just 12 goals and six assists in 82 appearances for the Red Devils.
It is fair to say that his underwhelming performances, along with attitude issues, have forced a large section of United supporters to back Ten Hag.
Man United will hope that Sancho revives his career at the Bundesliga so they can cash in on him in the summer.
He could only return to Old Trafford if Ten Hag is sacked from his role.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow