Marcus Thuram is ‘crossing his fingers’ that Manchester United come knocking for him in the January transfer window.
That’s according to a report from Italian publication TuttoMercatoWeb, who claim that Borussia Monchengladbach will only sell the 25-year-old to United for a minimum of €10 million (£8.7 million) this winter.
Erik ten Hag desperately needs to bring a top-class centre-forward with a powerful build to Old Trafford in January, if he is to guide his side to any kind of success over the next few years.
United lack any kind of focal point through the middle of the park. It could be argued that an all-action striker is all that is currently separating United from mounting a Premier League title charge.
And it seems as though Ten Hag will have a great chance to change all of that over the course of the next month or so.
Manchester United reportedly handed January transfer window opportunity
TMW are claiming that Monchengladbach are willing to sell Thuram this winter for a minimum of £8.7m. And the good news is that the France international is reportedly hoping that Man United come in to sign him in January.
Ten Hag bringing Thuram to Old Trafford for just £8.7m would be one of the best deals of the past decade for United.
Thuram is an exceptional talent. He has been described as a ‘sensational’ player by scouting, statistics and analytical website Total Football Analysis.
Meanwhile, Get Football News Germany describe him as a ‘world-class’ striker – quite the compliment!
Thuram possesses blistering pace and can play anywhere along the front line. He has bagged 13 goals and four assists in 17 games for Gladbach this season (Transfermarkt).
The nine-capped France international is a really explosive striker and a constant menace for opposing defenders.
His pace, exceptional movement and physical strength would offer United a completely different facet to their attacking play.
And if United sign Thuram for just £8.7m in the January transfer window, Ten Hag will stand a great chance of lifting a trophy this season.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest