Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has reportedly inally agreed to join Manchester United from Lazio this summer.
That’s according to a report from Corriere dello Sport (print edition August 8, page 16) who claim that the 27-year-old has rejected Arsenal and Newcastle United in favour of joining Man United.
However, the Italian media outlet suggest that Man United will have to pay Lazio €65 million (£55m) if they want to sign the 34-capped Serbia international.
United boss Erik ten Hag absolutely has to be prioritising a deal for a top-class midfielder before the transfer window slams shut.
Paul Pogba has left this summer and there’s now a gaping hole in the middle of the park. A deal to sign Frenkie de Jong continues to prove difficult and it seems as though Ten Hag should now be looking elsewhere.
There is one option that should get United fans very excited indeed.
Manchester United have a great chance to sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
The Lazio star is finally willing to leave the Italian capital to join United this summer according to CDS.
What an incredible signing the Serbian will be for the Red Devils, if Ten Hag manages to bring him to Old Trafford before deadline day. He is incredibly powerful and possesses the kind of physique needed to succeed in the Premier League.
The Lazio ace is one of the very best midfielders in the world. Milinkovic-Savic is a central midfielder who usually operates slight deeper. Football Italia recently described the midfielder as an ‘unstoppable’ player.
Meanwhile, The Laziali label him as ‘world-class’. He would be a superb replacement for the recently departed Pogba, that’s for sure.
£55m a steal
Milinkovic-Savic bagged a hugely impressive 11 goals and 11 assists in 37 Serie A games last season. He won 2.8 aerial duels per match and averaged 1.8 tackles and 1.1 clearances per match.
During those 37 appearances, the 34-capped Serbia international made an average of 62.2 passes per match and recorded a completion rate of 81.4%.
Milinkovic-Savic is tremendously experienced and would add so much quality to ten Hag’s engine room at United. The midfielder is big and powerful and possesses impressive energy and stamina.
Gazzetta dello Sport claim the Serb will demand around £120k-per-week to move to Old Trafford. That seems very reasonable for a player with his quality.
And if United manage to sign Milinkovic-Savic this summer, Ten Hag will fancy his chances of achieving a successful 2022/23 campaign on all fronts.
Stats via Who Scored.
- Erik ten Hag must unleash £68.4m attacking duo against Everton
- Omonia Nicosia 2-3 Manchester United: Three talking points as Marcus Rashford continues his stellar form
- Erik ten Hag reveals his plans for Anthony Martial after injury comeback
- Three Man Utd stars with a big point to prove against Omonia
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Omonia, Ronaldo and Martial start
- Manchester United’s Five Greatest European Performances
- Man Utd include Iqbal and Garnacho in 22-man squad for Omonia clash
- Four Man Utd stars miss training ahead of Omonia Nicosia clash
- Man Utd should sign Goncalo Ramos as Cristiano Ronaldo’s replacement in January
- Europa League Preview: Omonia Nicosia vs Manchester United