Iker Casillas was dropped in Real’s game against Malaga, and it seems Jose Mourinho is on the hunt for a long-term replacement for the Spain captain.
The two are known to have a stormy relationship at the club, and although 31-year-old Casillas has previously said he’d like to finish his career at Real, recent comments have indicated that he might be open to a move.
De Gea was signed by United as a replacement for Edwin van der Sar for over £18million.
There have been rumours that the Spanish goalkeeper has suffered from homesickness, however, since he moved from Atletico Madrid 18 months ago.
The Spain Under-21 is now the top target for Madrid boss Mourinho, according to The Sun.
A Real insider said: ‘De Gea is definitely wanted by Mourinho but a lot depends on his own future.
‘But he’s studied De Gea’s form closely and is very interested.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254842/David-De-Gea-make-Real-Madrid-summer-Spanish-giants-way.html#ixzz2GYIj5qmV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Daily Mail nonsense or legitimate story? I get the feeling there’s a lot of truth behind it. Joe Hart to United anyone?!
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns
- Antony proves his worth with fantastic Man Utd performance vs Chelsea
- Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea: Player ratings as McTominay powers the Red Devils to sixth
- Full confirmed line-ups: Man Utd vs Chelsea
- Andre Onana reveals why his Manchester United teammates call him ‘the boss’