Louis Van Gaal has urged his team to be more ruthless in front of goal and to dispose of their opponents more swiftly than they’ve done in the first three months of the campaign.
United go into Saturday’s game against on the back of their first away of the season and, with two home fixtures in four days, United could well be looking at traveling to Southampton in 10 days time with four consecutive wins under their belt, as they beat Crystal Palace before the international break.
Van Gaal, however, insisted United must kickstart their season against Hull and has urged his side to find a clinical edge and close games down.
“We have to improve our playing style and beat opponents more easily,” he said.
“We are still fourth so I am happy, but we have to be at least fourth at the end of the season, not now.”
United’s defensive injury crisis deepened with Luke Shaw set to spend a couple of weeks on the sidelines with an ankle ligament injury, while Daley Blind and Phil Jones remain out. Van Gaal, however, confirmed that Marcos Rojo, who hasn’t played since dislocating his shoulder against City, and Radamel Falcao, who has missed the last four games with a calf problem, could make the squad ahead of Saturday.
“Every player has to fight for his position and I shall always pick the best of the players. It has to be a suitable mix,” said Van Gaal.
- Man Utd have their eyes on Dusan Vlahovic, Juventus open to selling him
- Man Utd interested in signing Andre Onana, Inter could sell him for €40-50m
- Erik ten Hag could unleash Alejandro Garnacho vs Man City after Antony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd’s next striker: Three stars on the radar
- FA Cup final preview: Manchester City vs Manchester United – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Major blow for Manchester United with Anthony Martial set to miss FA Cup final against Man City
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United