Manchester United defender Luke Shaw is expected back in team training today following his minor injury scare in the Premier League win over Aston Villa.
The England international was substituted at half-time at Villa Park. After the game, manager Erik ten Hag said that it was precautionary as Shaw had some complaints.
Insider United, a social media account which has inside sources in relation to injury news at United, now reveals that the left-back will be involved in training in today’s session.
The 28-year-old will be fully assessed by the medical team. The feeling is that he will be fine and will play against Luton Town unless something is discovered in the assessment.
Shaw’s immediate return would be a huge boost for United
Victor Lindelof replaced Shaw at the interval against the Villans. The Swede was far from comfortable from the left-back role and lost possession on seven occasions.
With Aaron Wan-Bissaka also on the sidelines, manager Erik ten Hag did not have the option of playing Diogo Dalot at left-back. Shaw’s immediate return would be a boost.
However, the club still need to be cautious over him. Shaw returned from a long muscle injury lay-off earlier this season, only to suffer a setback before the turn of the year.
The £32 million-rated star has had a concerning injury record throughout his Red Devils career and Ten Hag should resist starting him on Sunday evening unless he is completely fit.
United will be eyeing a fourth-straight win in the league at Kenilworth Road. It won’t be an easy contest. Liverpool and Newcastle United failed to beat the Hatters at their stadium.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts