Manchester United have been handed a boost with defender Luke Shaw close to making his comeback from a muscle injury.
The left-back has been on the sidelines since late August due to his injury but he could return to action after the next international break.
According to Insider United, the defender is expected back within the next two weeks and his rehabilitation is going really well.
The news is a huge boost for the Red Devils, who have lacked his quality from the left-back role.
Shaw could feature for United after the internationals
The England international has been a pivotal figure for United over the past few years. He has caught the eye with his defensive and offensive involvements.
In his absence, United have lacked a consistent performer. Sergio Reguilon was signed from Tottenham Hotspur on loan, but he has been in-and-out of the XI.
The Spaniard has impressed with his work rate and defensive output, but he has not been able to link up play with Marcus Rashford in the same way as Shaw.
United will be hoping to have his services as soon as possible. He looks likely to return to training during the break and could be involved against Everton away.
For today, Sergio Reguilon looks set to start in the left-back position with Victor Lindelof doubtful with an illness. Diogo Dalot is another candidate for the role if Aaron Wan-Bissaka starts at right-back.
United desperately need a victory at Fulham as they are already eight points behind the top four. Another draw or defeat could lead to questions over Erik ten Hag’s position at the helm.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action