Manchester United defenders Luke Shaw and Aaron Wan-Bissaka may not return before the November international break, according to ESPN.
The Red Devils have been hampered by numerous injury concerns this campaign. Harry Maguire was the latest to be sidelined against Bayern Munich.
Aside from Maguire, Shaw, Wan-Bissaka and Tyrell Malacia are other defenders nursing injuries, but Raphael Varane could make his comeback soon.
It is now reported that Shaw and Wan-Bissaka could be sidelined for another two months and may only return for the game at Everton on November 25.
Shaw has not played for the club since the defeat at Tottenham Hotspur due to a muscle injury. Wan-Bissaka picked up a hamstring problem against Brighton & Hove Albion last weekend.
Manchester United face big challenge ahead
United have had the worst possible start in terms of results and injuries. They managed to cope with setbacks last season, but the story has been different this term.
The club have the capacity to returning to winning ways but concerns will be there. Erik ten Hag presently has Diogo Dalot and Sergio Reguilon as the only fit full-backs.
Meanwhile, there is currently no return date for Malacia. The Dutchman picked up a knee injury over the summer and he has yet to return to individual training.
United will be hoping that the 24-year-old will make his comeback ahead of Shaw and Wan-Bissaka such that the manager has defensive cover within the squad.
Ten Hag has the choice of playing Victor Lindelof and Lisandro Martinez at right-back and left-back respectively, but that could be the last case scenario.
United will be aiming to end their three-match losing streak against Burnley on the road tomorrow.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action