The Red Devils went 2-0 up within the opening 22 minutes but the hosts halved the deficit from the spot in the 71st minute.
Scott McTominay restored the two-goal lead of Man United four minutes later, only for Wolves to score in the 85th and 95th minutes.
However, it was the visitors who got the last laugh as Kobbie Mainoo scored the winner two minutes later to hand them all three points.
Casemiro took to Instagram to share his reaction following the game, and Luka Modric – his friend and former teammate at Real Madrid – took to the comment section to applaud the Man United midfielder.
‘Njega’ means ‘him’ in Croatian, and Casemiro proved that he was the man after finally returning to league action for the first time in three months.
The 31-year-old last featured in the Premier League on October 7 against Brentford, and injuries have limited him to just three appearances across all competitions since then.
The Brazilian made more tackles (five) and more interceptions (three) against Wolves than any other Man United player on the pitch.
His performance last night showed why he did not leave the Old Trafford club during the January transfer window despite the rumours that linked him with an exit.
The Red Devils are seventh in the Premier League table after 22 games, with eight points separating them from the top four.
However, their position could have been better had Casemiro not missed 13 of those fixtures, and manager Erik ten Hag will hope he remains available for the remainder of the campaign.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow