Manchester United have had a good first half to the season under manager Erik ten Hag but there is still work to do in order to qualify for the Champions League.
A new striker should be the top priority for the January transfer window, but there are also other positions that need to be bolstered for the second half of the campaign.
The hierarchy are unlikely to invest in each role and they could consider recalling some loan players in January. Here are three youngsters that could improve United.
Mejbri had a difficult start to his loan stint at Birmingham City but has grown in confidence. He was in top form for the Blues yesterday against Reading, registering an assist.
The 19-year-old, who can play in different midfield roles, created two big chances last night while registering an impressive four interceptions and two tackles in the 3-2 win.
The Tunisian star could be seen as a replacement for Donny van de Beek, who has failed to meet the expectations. The Dutchman is running out of time to prove himself at United.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka has played just four minutes of first-team football at right-back this season with Ten Hag preferring Diogo Dalot, who is more attack-minded than him.
There are suggestions that the 25-year-old could be loaned out or sold in January and in our view, Laird should be recalled to provide a solid back-up option behind Dalot.
The club graduate has chipped in with three goal contributions for Queens Park Rangers and has also caught the eye defensively, winning as many as six duels per game.
United obviously need another striker in January to push for the top four, but Ten Hag could also tempted to improve his right wing options for the back end of the season.
With Jadon Sancho struggling to impress, the manager may consider recalling Amad from Sunderland to compete with Antony. Anthony Elanga could be loaned out in this case.
The 20-year-old has been in superb form either side of the World Cup break. He has five goals and one assist from his last seven games. He has also led the line for the Black Cats.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and SofaScore.com
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest